The words of which the initial letter is capitalised have meanings defined under the following conditions. The following definitions shall have the same meaning regardless of whether they appear in singular or in plural.
GMF refers to GreyMatter & Finch (Pty) Ltd, 98 Dorp Street, Stellenbosch, 7600.
Cookies are small files that are placed on Your computer, mobile Device or any other Device by a website, containing the details of Your browsing history on that website among its many uses.
Country refers to the Republic of South Africa.
Diagnostic Data refers to data that is shared with Google about what is and what isn’t working on Your hardware and software.
Device means any Device that can access the Service such as a computer, a mobile phone or a digital tablet.
Personal Data is any information that relates to an identified or identifiable individual.
Service refers to the Website.
Service Provider refers to third-party companies or individuals employed by GMF to facilitate the Service, to provide the Service on behalf of GMF, to perform services related to the Service or to assist GMF in analysing how the Service is used.
Usage Data refers to data collected automatically, either generated by the use of the Service or from the Service infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit).
Website refers to GreymatterFinch, accessible from https://www.greymatterfinch.com.
You means the individual accessing or using the Service, or GMF, or any other legal entity on behalf of which such individual is accessing or using the Service, as applicable.
2. Collecting and using your Personal Data
Type of data collected
Usage Data is collected automatically when using the Service.
Usage Data may include Diagnostic Data such as Your Device’s Internet Protocol address (i.e. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of Our Service that You visit, the time and date of Your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique Device identifiers and other.
When You access the Service by or through a mobile Device, GMF may collect certain Diagnostic Data automatically, including, but not limited to, the type of mobile Device You use, Your mobile Device’s unique ID, the IP address of Your mobile Device, Your mobile operating system, the type of mobile Internet browser You use, unique Device identifiers, etc.
|Type of data collected||Description||Purpose of Collection|
|Device IP Address||This is your individual Device/machine’s unique identifier||This assists to determine potentially where in the world you are browsing Our Service from. It also determines if you are a returning user.|
|Browser Type/Version||This is how you view Our Service, whether through Chrome, Firefox, IE or Safari and the version number.||Optimising Our Service for all browsers but especially focusing on functionality for the most widely used.|
|Pages visited||Each time your machine/Device visits a page this is recorded.||Ensuring that Our Service meets the needs of the User.|
Tracking technology and Cookies
2.1 Use of your Personal Data
GMF may use Personal Data for the following purposes:
- To provide and maintain Our Service, including to monitor the usage of Our Service.
- For other purposes: GMF may use Your information for other purposes, such as data analysis, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of GMF promotional campaigns and to evaluate and improve Our Service, products, services, marketing and your experience.
GMF may share Your personal information in the following situations:
- With Service Providers: GMF may share Your personal information with Service Providers, like Google Analytics to monitor and analyse the use of Our Service, to contact You.
- With Your consent: GMF may disclose Your personal information with Your consent for any other purpose, expressed in detail when you accept those explicit terms and conditions.
2.2 Retention of your Personal Data
2.3 Transfer of your Personal Data
Your information, made up of non-identifiable Personal Data or Usage Data, is processed by third-party Service Providers in places where the parties are located. It means that this information may be transferred to – and maintained on – computers located outside of Your, province, Country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ from those in Your jurisdiction.
2.4 Disclosure of your Personal Data
GMF may disclose Your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- Comply with its legal obligation
- Protect and defend the rights or property of GMF
- Prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service
- Protect against legal liability
Security of your Personal Data
The security of Your Personal Data is important to GMF, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While GMF strives to use commercially acceptable means to protect Your Personal Data, GMF cannot guarantee its absolute security.
2.5 Detailed information on the processing of your Personal Data
The Service Provider that GMF uses is Google Analytics (see below), who may have access to Your Personal Data. These third-party vendors collect, store, use, process and transfer information about Your activity on Our Service in accordance with their Privacy Policies.
GMF may use third-party Service Providers to monitor and analyse the use of the GMF Service.
- Google Analytics is a service, offered by Google, that tracks and reports website interaction. Google uses the data collected to track and monitor the use of Our Service. This data is shared with other Google services. Google may use the collected data to contextualise and personalise content and banners which You may see when You visit other websites that also use Google Analytics.
- For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy & Terms web page: https://policies.google.com/privacy.
3. Children’s privacy
Our Service does not collect personally identifiable information from anyone, including children under the age of 18.
4. Links to other websites
GMF does not have any control over or assume any responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third-party sites or services.